Tuesday 8 February 2011

I miss the good old days...

You know, when all the good stuff was out. From when I was quite young, I remember Pokemon was all the rage. If you had a Level 75 Charizard, people bowed down to you and worshipped you because you were a fearless bastard. People took their gameboys and Link Cables (Thank God wireless was invented) to school and battled every spare minute they had.

Star wars was also huge - I remember especially the Lego kits that I still have, funnily enough. You could get some really crazy stuff, and I really wish I'd have gotten the Podracers (Lego, take a hint already) from Episode 1 because they were brilliant lego kits and they remind me of The Phantom Menace. Whilst it wasn't the best film ever, it had that 'something' that was present in a lot of things from when I was young that things today just don't have.

I think that's why everything seems so much better when you've got your sepia-tone glasses on, you remember things being so much better than they were. Beyblades, for example, were freaking amazing. They were simple spinning tops that you battled with, but if you had a good one you were a complete badass. You'd win matches, and walk around the playground as though you owned the place. And then there was the TV series, which you had to follow religiously in order to have any sort of respect. The same went for YuGiOh cards, as well.

Videogames were even a lot better in the late 90's/early 2k's - I remember stuff such as the Ratchet and Clank trilogy, Halo 1 and 2, Pokemon - All of these are among my favourite game series', but the one's I've said are my favourites, and are games I used to play a lot growing up. Is it a sign everything's becoming too profit driven and products are all 'me too' to try and push sales?

I definitely think so. Screw you, big businesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment