Saturday 5 February 2011

If all has gone to plan...

It's Saturday now, right?

Greetings from last Thursday. Assuming this has worked - I have discovered the secret of time travel and am brining you information from the past...that you probably knew already. Because it happened like 2 days ago.

Anyhow, these last few days, I've been playing my guitar an awful lot. This is because it makes you look super awesome to girls and everyone will worship you as though you were a god.

Well, I exaggerated a bit - people just go "Nice" and then move on to showing off their pimped out HTC Desire phones (which is something else I don't understand, but I'll probably rant at that tomorrow) and worst of all they've all got (C)Rap on them and this makes me die a little inside.

Is it because the guitar is a dying instrument? I mean, Lemmy (Motorhead Bassist/Singer) once said that if you even held a guitar, you were automatically awesome, but nowadays it seems that everyone and their nan buys a guitar, learns a powerchord or two then claims they can play it. Which is why the Jonas Brothers think they're rock gods (They can play 3, which is 200% more than the average newbie guitarist)

I'm not claiming to be the worlds greatest guitarist - That honor is shared between Buckethead, Eddie Van Halen and Slash - but I'm not what you'd call bad at playing the thing. In about a Year and a Half I've gone from "H0W do3s Pl3h Sm0ak3 0N T3h W4T4r?" to Grade 5/6 ish so I'm half decent at it. One reason I can't play fast (I've always said) is because I have no strength in my hand because I am a walking skeleton. Seriously.

But I can play stuff like Muse songs, or Helicopter which are more fun to play than challenging. Supermassive Black Hole in particular - It's easy as heck to play, and it's more fun when you've got the drums going as well with it, or the bass or something. Which is one reason I'm pretty depressed about not having a band. Backing tracks are alright, but no match for a real band...

Anyways, I'd hate to end this on a downer, so Pandas.



No comments:

Post a Comment