Tuesday 8 February 2011

Rambo Granny pwns 4 robbers!

Alright, it wasn't exactly the most organised anti-crime operation, but that 70 year old woman had a lot of courage. I have no doubt at all that there are other cases in the world like this regularly, albeit not caught on camera or are just by 'normal' people. What I mean by 'normal' are sort of young/middle aged people who hekp in situations like this.

And I'm glad in a way that this has been brought to light - I doubt many people would look at 4 thugs, each with some form of weapon, attacking someone, or a shop and think to intervene because it'd be just too dangerous. We might all say that we could, but would we if that situation ever arose? Would be be able to make a snap decision to disregard our own safety for others?

I think the answer for most people is no, but for those people who say 'Yes' and have helped intervene in crimes such as this, I salute you. People like that make criminals feel unsafe - imagine if you were attempting a bank theft and every single person in the bank was an undercover police officer, ready to stop crime at an instant. You'd not do it if you knew, and people doing stuff like this might actually lower crime rates substantially.

It's an unusually serious post for me today, but it's something I think is a relatively important point to consider, especially in the big scheme of things...

No comments:

Post a Comment